By: Samantha Quist, Technovation Senior Director
Registrations for Technovation 2014 are officially open and you can sign up today!
Like last year, we challenge this year’s teams to develop an app that solves a problem in their local community in one of the three following categories:
- Creating apps for local organizations
- Teen issues (suicide, peer pressure, teen pregnancy, etc.)
- Women’s issues (domestic violence, eating disorders, underrepresentation)
The program doesn’t officially start until the week of February 3rd, 2014, but we encourage teams to start forming now so you’ll be all ready to go when the season begins. (You can even start working on app ideas early. We won’t tell.)
We’ve made some improvements to our course this season:
- Online Recognition for all participants
- Special Recognition for teams that submit complete app prototypes and pitches
- Long-Distance Mentorship opportunities for rural and global teams
- Curriculum Improvements on the way before the program officially begins on February 3rd
As always, it’s free to participate and we can’t wait to see what great app ideas will come out of the program next. Check out what a difference our participants made last year:
Whether you’re a student, a teacher, a mentor, or you’d like to get involved but you’re not sure how — Register for Technovation 2014 and help us show the world what the next generation of women can really accomplish.