Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education nonprofit that supports low-income communities across the United States and worldwide (especially girls and mothers) to solve problems in their community using engineering and technology tools. It has been running for the past 13 years and has engaged more than 100,000 underserved children and parents across 115+ countries.
Iridescent is seeking a self-motivated individual with community & volunteer management experience to assist with connecting with, engaging and recruiting volunteers for Iridescent programs. A large part of our fundraising success has been through corporate employee engagement in our programs where volunteers have a meaningful volunteer experience but also gain important skills that benefit them professionally. We want to grow these engagement opportunities.
- Are you passionate about creating opportunities for youth in science, engineering, technology and entrepreneurship?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of youth, the mentors that help them and the impact they are making in their societies?
- Do you love building motivated, purpose-driven communities?
Then we want to hear from you!
Development Manager Job Description
- Research prospective foundations, corporations and government initiatives that align with Iridescent’s programs
- Outreach to target prospects, crafting creative pieces including emails, concept notes and other forms of communication to convey alignment and result in pitch meetings
Grant Writing and Reports
- The Development Manager will write grants and be responsible for writing creative pieces, putting together pitch decks and reports.
- Impact Dissemination: This includes data collection from engagement endeavors, report compilation, and dissemination to prospective partners, highlighting our work and impact together. This is a crucial step, ensuring consistent communication throughout the relationship building process.
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
- Organized, detail oriented, and dependable, with a customer service orientation
- Analytical; comfortable with managing data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Innovative thinker and self-motivated team player
- Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for youth around the world
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000 DOE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years grant writing experience
- Experience with Individual Donors, Marketing (blogs, impact reports) a plus
To apply, please send an email to: [email protected] that includes:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one)