Run by nonprofit Iridescent, Technovation is the world’s largest technology global tech competition and program for girls ages 10 to 18. Through Technovation, girls learn how to identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile-app to solve it and launch a business. Over the past 8 years, more than 10,000 girls from 100 countries have participated in the program to solve local problems.
The Technovation team is seeking a self-motivated individual with event management experience to assist with various aspects of program organization, planning, and implementation.
- Do you have skills that can help grow Technovation’s reach and strengthen the global program for years to come?
- Are you passionate about creating opportunities for young women in technology and entrepreneurship?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of girls, the mentors that help them and the impact they are making in their societies?
Then apply to join us!
As the Coordinator, you will:
- Support the Technovation team with event planning and logistics throughout the year. This includes organizing launch workshops, information sessions, regional pitch events and the annual World Pitch event.
- Support with managing Technovation alumni engagement and student ambassador programs
- Monitor and manage Technovation support email
- Support with managing Technovation WordPress site
- Assist with creating an online community of cultural and geographical diverse stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
- Organized, detail oriented, and dependable, with a customer service orientation
- Analytical; comfort with managing data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Innovative thinker and self-motivated team player
- Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for girls around the world
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience in event organizing
- 2-3 years experience in project management
- Should be based in the San Francisco Bay Area
Competitive Salary with Benefits
To apply, please send an email to: email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one)