Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education non-profit. We support low-income communities (especially parents) to engage their children in engineering and technology projects. We have been running for 12 years and have supported 100,000+ underserved children and parents across 100 countries.
Iridescent has initiatives starting this year that will require the addition of a passionate team member to steer this effort in NYC and worldwide. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with partnership management and education (formal or informal) experience to lead various aspects of partnership outreach, program organization, planning, and implementation.
The Iridescent Program Manager (based in NYC) will lead sites in NYC and around the world to adapt and implement CuriosityMachine.org design challenges. As the Program Manager, you will:
- In collaboration with other team members, create resources and support ~100 sites to lead the AI Family Challenge
- Lead trainings with adults on how to direct hands-on learning experiences with families
- Support various Iridescent grants throughout the world to implement curriculum in locations like schools, museums and libraries
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
- Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for underserved youth around the world
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Analytical; comfortable with managing data
- Ability to work with diverse people and perspectives, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Organized, detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Masters degree in Education (or related field) or combination of education and relevant professional experience
- 2-3 years experience in project management, remote project management a plus
- Experience leading partnership recruitment and onboarding
- Experience working in schools, curriculum resource creation and science background a plus
- Should be based in the NYC area
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Benefits
To apply, please send a PDF of the following items to: [email protected]:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- A completed screening task:
- Look at this list of Women Mayors. Select the top 15 Iridescent should connect with (based on how much they will contribute to Iridescent’s overall goals) to become champions for the Curiosity Machine AI Family Challenge. Determine what Iridescent can offer that can be of interest and value to them and draft a compelling, short email (that shares some of our key results and impact), including a subject line, that will get them to join our movement.
- Provide a 1 page case study of a project that you have managed, your best practices, difficulties and how you overcame them.