Iridescent is a science and engineering education non-profit that reaches thousands of young people worldwide and teaches curiosity, creativity, and persistence. We were founded in 2007 and are developing programs and tools to bring science and engineering education opportunities to underserved communities. Iridescent aims to develop qualities of curiosity and persistence among youth through its two flagship programs – Technovation and Curiosity Machine.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology global tech competition and program for girls ages 10 to 18. Through Technovation, girls learn how to identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile-app to solve it and launch a business. Over the past 8 years, more than 10,000 girls from 100 countries have participated in the program to solve local problems.
Curiosity Machine is a program that engages children and parents to develop problem-solving skills through STEM project-based family design challenges. Through Curiosity Machine trainings and support, organizations around the world have helped families build their creativity and persistence.
Iridescent has new Bay Area initiatives starting this spring that will require the addition of a passionate team member to steer this effort. The Iridescent team is seeking a self-motivated individual with partnership and event management experience to assist with various aspects of partnership outreach, program organization, planning, and implementation.
- Do you have skills that can help grow Iridescent’s reach and visibility in the San Francisco Bay Area?
- Are you passionate about creating opportunities for youth in science, engineering, technology and entrepreneurship?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of youth, the mentors that help them and the impact they are making in their societies?
Then we want to hear from you!
As the Program Coordinator, you will:
- Research and connect with community organizations, schools (especially Title I schools), after-school programs to introduce Technovation and Curiosity Machine.
- Lead on-boarding and training of new partners for Iridescent
- Organize and lead onboarding and support sessions for community partners in Bay Area joining Technovation and Curiosity Machine
- Maintain relationships with existing community partners in the Bay Area
- Support mentor engagement workshops at Bay Area tech companies for both programs as needed
- Support event planning and implementation for Iridescent events in the Bay Area and Technovation World Pitch and Curiosity Machine’s AI Program
- Create partnership support materials, including tools for event management, science-focused learning and engaging parents and/or mentors
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
- Organized, detail oriented, and dependable, with a customer service orientation
- Analytical; comfort with managing data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Innovative thinker and self-motivated team player
- Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for youth around the world
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-3 years experience in project management and event organizing
- Experience leading partnership recruitment and onboarding
- Experience working or volunteering in schools
- Should be based in the San Francisco Bay Area
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Benefits
To apply, please send an email to: email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one)
- Screening Task:
- If any, describe a few organizational tools or software you use personally or professionally.
- Create a pitch deck you would use to approach community organizations about Iridescent’s programing (both Technovation and Curiosity Machine). Also, include one slide highlighting the top community organizations you would pitch to and why.
- Provide a case study of a project that you have managed, your best practices, difficulties and how you overcame them.