Iridescent is a team of engineers, scientists, anthropologists, and educators who believe children need to be curious, creative, and persistent to succeed in life. We bring the world’s most cutting edge science, engineering and technology to the world’s most needy children – to inspire and equip them to become inventors, problem solvers — drivers of their own destinies. Our primary focus is helping underserved children and their families gain education, skills, and training to succeed as scientists, inventors, and entrepreneurs. Over the past 10 years, we have worked with 3,500 science and tech professionals and delivered programs to over 65,500 children and parents across the US and around the world.
We have lofty goals and work hard towards achieving them. No task is too demeaning or trivial if it helps us move closer to our goals. We believe that only through entrepreneurial persistence and visionary thinking are solutions to seemingly insurmountable social issues made possible. While we externally strive to create a better world, we are internally working to build a culture that supports passionate, forward thinking people who will help deliver radical breakthrough solutions to today’s most critical and meaningful challenges. To this end, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity.
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Iridescent’s Development Coordinator will be accountable to the Business Development Manager in the development and implementation of corporate development activities, proposal writing, prospect research and communications.
The main focus will be prospect research of foundations and engineering corporations and writing proposals. These will include:
- Identifying, researching and analyzing prospects for proposal cultivation and solicitation
- Providing thorough details on relevant individuals (to pitch to) at corporations and foundations
- Creating very targeted emails to prospects
- Managing grant proposals and reports for all Iridescent programs
- Writing grants
- Tracking the grant status, managing the timeline and writing the interim and final reports (using program information gathered from team members)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn
- Comfortable with a very rapid pace and change (i.e. flexible)
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Team player
- Highly analytical and reflective
- Dedicated to the mission
Minimum 3 years experience in research and grant writing. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications.
SCREENING TASK: PROSPECT RESEARCH AND PITCH
Prospect: Honeybee Robotics
Research the prospect, and based on the information presented below:
- Develop a high level summary of the prospect including evaluation of the fit for Iridescent
- Propose next steps for approaching the contact
- Create a pitch deck you would use to present to the potential funder