Iridescent is a science and technology education nonprofit that reaches thousands of young people worldwide and teaches curiosity, creativity, and persistence.
Our soon-to-be-developed website products are core to our growth strategy and we are looking for a senior software engineer to lead our team in developing a suite of powerful and scalable educational technology tools.
If you might be interested, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead the development of a brand new, powerful and scalable technology education platform to serve students and teachers
- Create technology systems to support Iridescent’s current trajectory of exponential user growth
- Manage a small team of engineers, and hire new employees and contractors to the team as needed
- Oversee a full product lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and maintenance
- Thrive in a high-performing remote work environment where hours are flexible and expectations are high
- Bring innovative science and technology education to young people worldwide
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Understanding of web security, responsive design, performance optimization techniques and cross-browser compatibility & browser degradation strategies.
- Significant collection of relevant projects in your portfolio.
- A passion for software and education, as well as a desire to change the world.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Please send us your resume or LinkedIn profile and your answer to one of the following questions:
- Have you contributed any open source projects to the coding community? If so, please provide links to the relevant projects.
- If you were to start working on our Curiosity Machine website tomorrow, what would you improve in the next month?
- Describe the pros & cons of various frontend frameworks (e.g. Rails vs Django).
- Describe recursion for a non-technical audience.
We look forward to hearing from you at recruiting@iridescentlearning.
Iridescent is a data-driven science education nonprofit that believes in using cutting-edge technology to iterate quickly and find scalable solutions to the largest global problems in science education. We connect scientists and engineers with underprivileged children to create and invent together through both face-to-face programs and technology-based tools (online courses, interactive websites and physics simulation games). We have science studios in Los Angeles and New York, most of our technology team members are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have remote team members in various other locations across the United States.