videos of scientists and engineers explaining their work and the cutting-edge problems they solve
Curiosity to Learn.
Creativity to explore new Ideas.
Perseverance to Achieve.
Our STEM education model leverages the power of engineers and scientists, parents, and technology in 4 stages:
- Engineers learn to develop open-ended engineering design challenges based on their work or research.
- Each design is tested with students and families to make sure it is engaging and well-thought out.
- We publish the best designs on Curiosity Machine and create inspirational videos based on the engineers’ work to help explain the design challenge and the concepts behind it.
- We train educators and parents to use Curiosity Machine and its curriculum.
Engineering Design Challenges
We work with scientists and engineers to create design challenges inspired by their inventions.
You learn about the science behind the challenge and try to build your own!
Our engineering design challenges:
- Use simple household materials
- Scale up or down for students K-12
- Have many possible solutions — there’s never one right answer!
Basic set of materials to build Curiosity Machine’s design challenges
Curiosity Machine for Schools, Libraries, and Educational Programs
Build a STEM learning community at your school, library, or organization through a Curiosity Machine Membership.
With a Curiosity Machine membership, your program can receive full access to Curiosity Machine, including trainings for teachers and parents, and support from Curiosity Machine Staff.
Educators receive online or in-person training and support on engineering-focused, project-based learning
Parents receive online or in-person training on how to support their child’s STEM learning and become leaders in their school communities.
Members receive online support from Curiosity Machine staff to create a community of parents, educators, and scientist and engineers.
We offer various levels of membership and want to work with you to find the level that best fits your needs and budget. Learn more about our memberships, or get in touch with us to discuss a Curiosity Machine membership for your site.